Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Be moved by faith.

BIBLE READING:

Romans 1:8-16

Paul’s Longing to Visit Rome

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. 13 I do not want you to be unaware,brothers and sisters,[a] that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.

14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

APPLICATION:

Inasmuch as there have been an overuse of Amazing Spider-man's before-the-closing-credits line, "with great power comes great responsibility" and as has-been the five worded line is, the same brings depth and enough oomph to encapsulate our responsibility as Christians.

As in Romans 1: 11-12, we have been imparted with our gifts and strengths, in forms more than one - from financial breakthroughs to innate skills and talents, for us to encourage one another by the manifestation of our faith in these strengths. We have our talents and strong points because we need them in our life's purpose. Our destinies have been etched the way they have been for God's inexplicable blueprint. We may not know how, but one thing is for sure, the primordial purpose God has intended for us, is to use this strength to preach the gospel and bring salvation to our brothers and sisters.  

I, for one, do not claim that I have been faithful in using my strength for God's kingdom. If anything, I have used my talent for my own worldly aspirations, for scholarships, for gossips, for discounts, for easy-way-outs, for papers, and for recognition apart from God. 

Now I realize, that may be the very reason my happiness with the recognition I get has always been short-lived; because it has been for the wrong reasons, driven by the wrong desires.  I always reasoned out that I am young, I have aspirations, I need to use my "talent" in good use, for the academe, for a better life, to fulfill my fiduciary concerns. It was a foolish dream.

It has become apparent to me that I am overwhelmed by the number of friends I have, the numerous circle of acquaintances I belong to since, I did not recognize that the people in my social circles are the seeds ready to be harvested. I was not aware, (may be quite aware but overwhelmed by the same).

Be not ashamed of the gospel, the Lord said, it is for this that I now pray to use my talent as a writer (although just an average writer who has the ability to input letters that create words and sentences) and  as a "social butterfly", if that may be so apt, to bring people to God's glory. 

Indeed, we must move in faith, by faith, and for faith.


xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment